• Announcements

• Frinkeldoodle

Notice for Anyone Using Dolphin Browser   12/13/2016

I've discovered there's a particular bug that occurs when using Dolphin Browser here that autofills your username and password... into a thread's title and tag fields when you create or edit one. I advise anyone using Dolphin Browser at the moment to discontinue using it here until either Dolphin fixes their autofill so it doesn't do that, or until IP.Board releases an update that reverses what causes that to happen.
    • Vairaki

Discord Account Verifications   06/27/2017

A reminder for those who use the discord channels that have not yet verified their member status, You have until Saturday the 1st of July to do so to avoid any interrupted service. 
Sakura_Bloom

Moments in Videogames that you may not be able to replicate.

90 posts in this topic

There are times where you can replicate things, but also things you can only do once, then never be able to attempt them again. This is a topic to talk about those moments that you may not be able to ever do again. Just to add to this, Embarrassing moments in games do count with this too.

My moment in Battlefield 4 is a proper example, I shot two players to death, yet their teammates did not turn around and shoot me allowing me to finish off the other two teammates of the enemy. I don't think I'll be able to do that one again.

Discuss your lucky times that you may not ever be able to do again. The moderators and admins have every right to lock or delete this topic if it begins to or becomes a complete spam fest.

Well, there was that one time...

Aniki and I were playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was Ness at the time, and he was Lucas. We were doing a team battle against a level 1 Bowser, just for fun.

It turned into a team combo fest, but the last KO was the two of us at our finest.

I scored a hit on Bowser, but then slipped on a banana peel and accidentally fell off the stage. Luckily, Bowser had gotten in the way of Aniki, who was ready with his bat. Bowser was hit off the edge and would have knocked me off if I hadn't timed a spike at the last possible moment.

We will never be able to do that again. :|

Flying Colors likes this

I feel like nopony is going to believe me, but in Team Fortress 2's Mann vs Machine mode I killed a giant deflector heavy with a mantreads stomp.

And oddly my first crate gave me my only unusual, a tricorne with a blizzard effect

In TF2 MVM, one time it would spawn nothing but a wave after wave after wave of two Giant Demoknights and a sentry buster constently. They never dropped money and the round kept going forever. Soon, we restarted the map and got back to that point of the wave with the exact same results. :\

I used to play a game called "Red Faction: Guerrilla" that was full of these moments. Honestly one of the best games of all time to just mess around in.

For instance, I was on a mission once to demolish a high-importance EDF building and several smaller buildings surrounding it. I used my trusty sledgehammer and some mining charges to knock out most of the support pillars and walls on the first floor of the building, but it refused to collapse with just that. I was just getting ready to low the last wall up when I saw a singularity bomb nearby (one of the most powerful and fun weapons in the game, it pulls in anything and everything for a few seconds before sending the collected debris flying in an explosion). I decided to send the building out in style, but instead of the singularity bomb simply sucking up the building and exploding, it took only that last lower wall and the support beams...leaving the rest of the building to hover and spin over the top of the singularity bomb before being thrown away in the force of the explosion, demolishing the surrounding buildings in the process.

I destroyed an entire complex by throwing a building at it. 4072834312.png

Playing Dark Souls for the first time, is something that you can only have one time, the whole journey through this game was amazing. ok so thats about this.

if i remember some older things from some old games i will write them down too.

Playing Fallout 3, I used VATS to headshot a human. The head popped off like a cork and the body flipped up in the air doing somersaults. Near the top of the head's arc, the legs flipped up and kicked the head sending it even higher.

It was quite awhile before the head landed.

Flying Colors likes this

once when playing one of the very hard waves on tf2's mvm everypony but me and three others left and when we played the wave to pass time to wait for others our team of 4 not only beat the wave but the bomb never even made it halfway across the map and every other time I've played that wave with a team of 5 or 6 we can never even get halfway through the wave

Finishing a castle in SMW with only 2 seconds in the clock. Only to die when the clock starts ticking again after the boss death animations are over.

Finishing a castle in SMW with only 2 seconds in the clock. Only to die when the clock starts ticking again after the boss death animations are over.
Oh gosh! That one must have sucked!

My first playthrough of Bioshock: Infinite, Hall of Heroes.

I was down to the last enemy in the room - A Crow - and was completely out of ammo and salts.

An instant before I was killed by the Crow, I hear "Booker, Catch!" - Elizabeth throws me some ammo for my Sniper Rifle. 

Booker loads it just fast enough to kill the Crow, and I needed to take a break for a second to appreciate what had just happened.

I've never seen anything as cinematically perfect in a game before, and I doubt I will again.

Seriously, the moment of panic, the barely-aimed panic shot... It was awesome.

...Also, Bioshock: Infinite's ending. That game is a work of art.

-Spectral

Flying Colors likes this

Taking down Arthas for the first time. Every WoW player remembers the thrill of taking down the Lich King.

Oh gosh! That one must have sucked!
The worst part of it was that it was the one time i was playing that game in public.

One time in my Pokemon Emerald game, I forgot to buy Poke balls, so had almost nothing to catch Rayquaza. At the beginning of the battle, I was like "screw it," and threw a regular ball.

*tic*

Gonna break out...

*tic*

What the...

*tic*

Don't tell me...

*click*

O_O

it must have been a glitch or something, but in pokemon (forgot what one) im playing a trainer, and my hoof slipped and i chose a poke ball...

*Throws a poke ball*

what the hay?

*trainer's pokemon was caught!*

o.o

Flying Colors and KubaPL20935 like this

Krazy's pokeballs are 20% cooler. And that makes them way too cool to be resisted by such wimpy trainers.

One time in a game of ARAM in League of Legends, I dominated. I was Talon, and my entire team was rubbish. The enemy team took first blood, first turret, first inhib, etc. Fortunately, I always carry with Talon on Howling Abyss, and managed to get ace upon ace. I could melt their tank quite easily too. Almost got a pentakill once, but someone stole the 5th kill >.> Anywho, I managed to win the game for my all negative team somehow, even though we had our inhibitor turret down for the whole late-game. It was the longest game on that one-lane map I've played, and one of the longest (and luckiest) games I've played to date. It. Was. Awesome.

Krazy's pokeballs are 20% cooler. And that makes them way too cool to be resisted by such wimpy trainers.
 4072834312.png