• Announcements

• Frinkeldoodle

Notice for Anyone Using Dolphin Browser   12/13/2016

I've discovered there's a particular bug that occurs when using Dolphin Browser here that autofills your username and password... into a thread's title and tag fields when you create or edit one. I advise anyone using Dolphin Browser at the moment to discontinue using it here until either Dolphin fixes their autofill so it doesn't do that, or until IP.Board releases an update that reverses what causes that to happen.
Spitfire

The free-to-play Hypnoponies F2P game: The Game.

46 posts in this topic

Hello there, gamers of Hypnoponies! As some of you who were in the chat earlier might know, I recently came up with an idea for a game we could play here on the forums simply by playing other games. Here are the rules I have so far:

1. At the beginning of each week, players will split up into teams. The size, and how many total teams will depend on what game is being played for that particular week.
  2. The games chose must be free-to-play.
  3. The winning team at the end of the week decides on what game is played the following week.
  4. The same game cannot be chosen twice in a row, in order to prevent a team from choosing the same game they know they have a higher chance of winning at.
  5. In addition to the winning team being able to vote for the next game played, each player on the winning team will be awarded a point for their victory. The individual player with the highest point total at the end of a two-month period will be crowned the overall winner.

With these rules in mind, you might notice that it doesn't necessarily benefit a player to stick with the same team the entire time. I will of course be adding additional rules as I see or have issues pointed out to me.

And of course, the games themselves. Before we get started, we need to figure out WHAT games we'll be playing, so feel free to make suggestions and I'll add them to the list.

CURRENT GAME LIST:

Team Fortress 2
Dota 2
League of Legends

Smite

Hearthstone

And don't forget to have fun!

-Spitfire

Alzarath and Tallyho like this

...I will be a free agent. Only if Spitfire approves of my playing that is.

There are plenty of free competitive classic games out there, as well as some recent ones. Out of bias, my list of games will mostly be full of games I have either confirmed to be cross-platform (in terms of operating system) or are advertised as such. I can not speak for how these work under every system, especially Mac and Windows.

Action

Alien Arena One of them jumpy twitch shooters

Fistful of Frags¹ Western arena FPS

Gear Up¹ Third person tank arena combat

Hawken¹³ Shooty mech game

Nexuiz Classic More twitch shooters

Sauerbraten Generic FPS, kinda pretty for its age

Storm2D Side-scroller based on games like Soldat and Liero

Team Fortress 2¹ Yeah

Tesseract Insta-gib FPS. Pretty early in development, but already offers a fair bit of fun

Tremulous Thematically similar to the Aliens movies, FPS with strategy elements

Unvanquished Similar to Tremulous, though newer and in-production

War Thunder¹ Tanks and planes and stuff

Arcade

Armagetron Advanced Tron light bikes

Transformice¹ Collect cheese, return to hole, don't fall

Card

YGOPro Yugioh, but free

Hearthstone² Warcraft universe plastered onto some cheap cardboard

Racing

Trackmania Nations Forever¹² Arcade racing game. Players race against eachother's time.

Strategy

0 A.D Age of Empires-like RTS

Arena of Heroes Turn-based MOBA

Dawngate² MOBA Game cancelled

Defense of the Ancients 2¹ MOBA

Heroes of Newerth *yawns* MOBA

League of Legends² Another MOBA

OpenRA Open source Command and Conquer: Red Alert (and more)

Smiteâ´ MOBA

Spring (Zero-potassium, Evolution RTS¹, etc) Not a MOBA

Strife MOBA

Simulation

OpenTTD It's funner than it looks. Honest

Toribash¹ Silly turn-based beat-eachother-up

¹ Available on Steam

² Not native for Linux, works under Wine

³ Not native for Linux, untested under Wine

â´ Not native for Linux, does not work under Wine

Unlocked. Immediately have the same power and equipment available as everyone else the moment you start playing.

Unknown. I probably haven't played the game enough to know. Feel free to message me with information.

Progression. Need to unlock items and/or power through gameplay.

I'll update this list when I'm reminded to.

Totally one-upped the topic creator.

Edited by Alzarath

No more HD space. Not participating. Too many F2P games if we're taking what are all suggested.

i can play a league of legends tournament :D also you should add minecraft.. just for the fun of playing a parkour map, first team completing it owns

After doing some thinking, I think during the test-run of this game we're gonna have to limit the amount of games on the list. It might not pose a real problem, but I can see where it would get tiresome having to install a different game every week. That being said, I'd like a list of 8 or so games to start with. Popular games that are well-known will be more likely to be added to the list since it's more likely that people will already have them. That being said, I'm only calling this the "experimental" game list. For now, TF2, League of Legends, and Dota 2 are the games still on this list. The list at the top of the page won't change, as I still want to get a list of games for when we get this running in full-force.

OOHH OOHH video game contest thingies!? that sounds fantastic! now for a game suggestion I'd say a game on steam called HAWKEN, path of exile (mmo on steam), realm of the mad god(maybe)(also on steam) and warframe(and guess what, its on steam).

(I will say two things:

- OpenTTD is awesome.

- I can't play for now due to my water-damaged computer and terrible internet connection, as well as what used to be a terrible (but now broken) computer. Also, anything with any amount of high graphics, I'm screwed over at.)

if the Times we play are suitable for me, i am up for that thing ^^

I would love to play some video games with you guys! I have accounts for both League of Legends and Hearthstone. Otherwise, I'd have to think about it, since my computer doesn't have too much free space. Hope to see ponies on the battlefield having fun!  :D

I"ll definitely join for a TF2 match sometime, but I'll give some of the other games a try as well

I'm totally down for TF2!!!

Buuuut...don't really play those other games. >.>

I really, really, reeeeeaally tried to get into LoL....but, no..just, no....

ExternalProject likes this

So....What's the plan for the number of participant's(the filter forced me to do that) and when we were planing on starting here?

Oh yeah, although teams would be good, but I think we'd need to organize some kind of uniform. So we don't end up shooting each other XD, perhaps one of us wears forest army covers and one wears desert, or one wears black firefighter gear and the other wears something else, etc.

Hey folks, planning to do a test-run of this game on Friday this week. Post the times that you're available (as well as what timezone you're in) so I can figure out scheduling, and then we can start working on figuring out teams. Since there's no winning team to choose the game we play this week, our first game will be...Team Fortress 2! The winning team a the end of the week on the following Friday will be able to choose what game is played next. Looking forward to playing with you all.