• Announcements

• Frinkeldoodle

Notice for Anyone Using Dolphin Browser   12/13/2016

I've discovered there's a particular bug that occurs when using Dolphin Browser here that autofills your username and password... into a thread's title and tag fields when you create or edit one. I advise anyone using Dolphin Browser at the moment to discontinue using it here until either Dolphin fixes their autofill so it doesn't do that, or until IP.Board releases an update that reverses what causes that to happen.
Amber Streak

Suggestions for the forum.

22 posts in this topic

Hello there fellow ponies. As of late, ponies have had a lot of ideas and suggestions for the forum, from new chats to new sub-forums. So this thread will be here to help with that. Here you can post any ideas or suggestions you have for the forum. From there we will go over the ideas and suggestions.

Please note that not every suggestion will be used. Also, please do not feel bad if your idea or suggestion does not get used. Even if an idea or suggestion seems really good, there might be problems that come with it, problems that may prevent us from using that idea or suggestion. If we do not use your idea or suggestion, then we will most likely tell you why we didn't or can't. Keep in mind that there are a fair amount of ponies that use the forum, so we want something that makes everypony happy.

Themes for each main pony?

Also, what about a subforum for True Selves that are not one of the pony races?

Themes for each main pony?

That's something that can be looked into.

Also, what about a subforum for True Selves that are not one of the pony races?

That sounds like a nice idea. You mean like an "Other" section, right? Next to the pone races? Something for like griffons and other races? I actually wasn't aware we had True Selves that weren't pony.

Re-name the site rainbowdashisgreat.gov.

That's an awesome idea! :P

Discordia likes this

Yes, that's what I mean. I recently found out I'm a draconequus and no longer fit in the subforum I'm in.

I'd like to suggest more themes for main forum and custom themes for ponies' journals.

Also it'd be great if ponies gain more control over their journals. Like an ability to delete topics and rename title. And I already have suggested about the chat in another topic. IRC link would be awesome.

Yes, you just have to use the full editor on the first post in the thread to edit the title.

Inevitable request for a roleplay room and additional people promoted to moderator to monitor it.

• No godmoding
  • No NSFW
  • No flooding
  • Drama rule still applies

Yes, you just have to use the full editor on the first post in the thread to edit the title.

Well, it does give an error message if you change a threads name. But it still works.

Inevitable request for a roleplay room and additional people promoted to moderator to monitor it.

• No godmoding
  • No NSFW
  • No flooding

Hmm. Perhaps a stay in character rule? Turning into this or that story lines or being forced to act against character does not help ones progress.

Hello there fellow ponies. As of late, ponies have had a lot of ideas and suggestions for the forum, from new chats to new sub-forums. So this thread will be here to help with that. Here you can post any ideas or suggestions you have for the forum. From there we will go over the ideas and suggestions.

Please note that not every suggestion will be used. Also, please do not feel bad if your idea or suggestion does not get used. Even if an idea or suggestion seems really good, there might be problems that come with it, problems that may prevent us from using that idea or suggestion. If we do not use your idea or suggestion, then we will most likely tell you why we didn't or can't. Keep in mind that there are a fair amount of ponies that use the forum, so we want something that makes everypony happy.

1. Split up the other section.

Its not really welcoming to be shoved in a varia subsection. So perhaps it can be split up in the following maner.

-The other inhabitans of equestria. With all the unknown Journals that dont fit in others.

- Tulpae.

With a main section where ponies can post questions. And a sub section where the Journals recide. This would prevent any problems with its threads being chattered all over the place. And gives our tulpa friends some validation.

2. Get consistent on the naming issue. Sometimes ponies are allowed to use the names from the show. Other times they arent. 

It would be nice to either block everypony from using them. Or just make them first come first serve basis. Of which the later is preferable..

3. Update the rules to mention the do not speak about those that should not be named rule.

4. We currently have an unused Voicebro section? Why not expand it in a section dedicated for file creation. (Closed off naturally) So we can organize that better and the staff can keep an better eye on it. Or delete it if it is redundant.

5. Dont be so quick on closing threads. Or reopen them after a day or so.

Hmm. Perhaps a stay in character rule? Turning into this or that story lines or being forced to act against character does not help ones progress.

I thought that was self-evident.

Either way, if an official RP room is created, there needs to be a discussion between the mods and admins, and perhaps the community as a whole, as to what the rules should be.

In the meantime, I'm going to be spending a chunk of time looking into IRC chatbots to set up an IRC for such a thing.

Perhaps, with the right web programming knowledge, the programmers on this website might be able to collaborate on an overhaul of the current chat system to keep the graphical "front-end" but with an IRC "back-end" to keep things pretty and organized, while allowing more flexibility in commands (via IRC chatbot) so things like tulpae, IC/OOC (assuming RP is passed), and things like "look" commands are properly supported (showing race/species, gender, and general appearance of the targeted user), while opening options for temporary channels to be created for group chats and extended one-on-one conversations, implementing PMs (for things where only a few comments need to be exchanged between parties) back into the main chat.

• No godmoding
  • No NSFW
  • No flooding

I was waiting for this one to show up. This has been a big topic that's been discussed by the staff. Regardless of what we've discussed so far, we feel it's important to stabilize one chat before even thinking about another one. As ponies know, the current chat we use has a few problems. The biggest one being that it randomly goes down from time to time. As it stands right now, us running two chats would create a lot of problems for us and ponies.

I'd like to suggest more themes for main forum and custom themes for ponies' journals.

Also it'd be great if ponies gain more control over their journals. Like an ability to delete topics and rename title. And I already have suggested about the chat in another topic. IRC link would be awesome.

More themes would be nice. It may be something we look into.

I'll look into this one as well. As mentioned, you can rename the titles of your own thread, it's just a bit odd.

1. Split up the other section.

Its not really welcoming to be shoved in a varia subsection. So perhaps it can be split up in the following maner.

-The other inhabitans of equestria. With all the unknown Journals that dont fit in others.

- Tulpae.

With a main section where ponies can post questions. And a sub section where the Journals recide. This would prevent any problems with its threads being chattered all over the place. And gives our tulpa friends some validation.

2. Get consistent on the naming issue. Sometimes ponies are allowed to use the names from the show. Other times they arent. 

It would be nice to either block everypony from using them. Or just make them first come first serve basis. Of which the later is preferable..

3. Update the rules to mention the do not speak about those that should not be named rule.

4. We currently have an unused Voicebro section? Why not expand it in a section dedicated for file creation. (Closed off naturally) So we can organize that better and the staff can keep an better eye on it. Or delete it if it is redundant.

5. Dont be so quick on closing threads. Or reopen them after a day or so.

1. There's a few "Other" sections, so I'm a bit confused as to which one you're talking about.

2. This one is a bit tricky. The names were reserved for those who found their true self, but as seen, there can be multiple of the same pony. The way we do it now seems to work as there has been no complaints, but if really needed, then something could be figured out.

3. We've discussed that while setting up the ToS. I'll just say that there's a reason it wasn't mentioned in there.

4. Yeah, I was thinking about removing that section. It's become a bit pointless as it's gone unused.

5. The only reason we ever lock a thread is if it starts to create a problem or if it's requested to be lock. A recent thread was quickly closed, but that doesn't mean that happens to every thread that's locked. We can unlock them, but only if we feel the problem that caused the thread to get locked in the first place has been solved. An amount of time has nothing to do with threads being lock or unlocked.

Thank you, Soarin.

As mentioned, you can rename the titles of your own thread, it's just a bit odd.

But I was talking about titles of the journals.

Maybe a "Thank you" thread for those who have donated to forum bills? Small thing but can mean a lot.

@Marzanna - When you said "Like an ability to delete topics and rename title.", it looked like you were talking about renaming the titles of the topics. That must be where the confusion lies.

I was waiting for this one to show up. This has been a big topic that's been discussed by the staff. Regardless of what we've discussed so far, we feel it's important to stabilize one chat before even thinking about another one. As ponies know, the current chat we use has a few problems. The biggest one being that it randomly goes down from time to time. As it stands right now, us running two chats would create a lot of problems for us and ponies.

The problems to my knowledge stem from using an unstable chat framework (on the technical side) and from the current lack of an RP chatroom (on the societal side). If a collaboration would happen between the programmers of the community, as stated in my previous post, I think we could make a working revamped chat with more features and better stability without giving the chat an unappealing IRC layout with difficult-to-input commands and the lack of a graphical interface with things like avatars.

@Marzanna - When you said "Like an ability to delete topics and rename title.", it looked like you were talking about renaming the titles of the topics. That must be where the confusion lies.

I'm sorry for confusing you. Next time I'll try to use logic.

I was thinking if we should have a combined subforum for tulpas, meditation, astral travel and similar topics.

I was thinking of a subforum in Hobbies dedicated to cooking and the sorts.
But am not sure if it is a popular enough subject to be worth adding.

Hmm, That is hard to tell from our position. Perhaps you can try making some threads anyway or stir some discussion on the Discord server and see what happens?

CSP42 likes this