• Announcements

• Frinkeldoodle

Notice for Anyone Using Dolphin Browser   12/13/2016

I've discovered there's a particular bug that occurs when using Dolphin Browser here that autofills your username and password... into a thread's title and tag fields when you create or edit one. I advise anyone using Dolphin Browser at the moment to discontinue using it here until either Dolphin fixes their autofill so it doesn't do that, or until IP.Board releases an update that reverses what causes that to happen.
Sea Salt

An Interesting Discovery Whilst Cleaning

9 posts in this topic

I was cleaning out my drawers (something I haven't really done in earnest in a very long time,) when I stumbled across a Discover Magazine issue from mid-2012. One of the articles is titled "5 Ways to Leave Your Body." I thought I'd share the titles of the ways along with a very brief summary, as well as how I think they can relate to the experiences of pony hypnosis. Keep in mind that I'm keeping the summaries and stuff very brief because I don't want to just copy the whole article out. If anypony has other ideas about the article's methods or other interpretations on how they can apply, feel free to chip in. :)

1. Raise Your Third Hand

Very Short Summary: People can accept extra limbs as their own, and have an elastic image of how their limbs (real or otherwise) can be shaped and/or positioned

How This Applies to Pony Hypnosis: Wings, tails, hooves, horn, ears. This is a fairly simple one to relate.

2. Travel Out-of-Body

Very Short Summary: It is possible to "float" outside your physical body.

How This Applies to Pony Hypnosis: Well, I've had one intentional case of this happen personally, and it felt wonderful. I could not only feel my pony body – I had it, in a sense. Finding yourself looking at, well, yourself, it an interesting experience, as well.

3. Enter Your Avatar

Very Short Summary: Very similar to #2, but with the idea that you can enter a spiritual (well, "virtual," to use the article's terminology) body and interact with your physical one.

How This Applies: If you have phantom limb pains (form wings, horn, tail, stuff like that,) you can use this to ease the pains and aches.

4. Become a Living Doll

Very Short Summary: You can enter another actual, physical body.

How This Applies: I feel like it's a little self-explanatory, so I'd especially like to hear other ponies' ideas on this one.

5. Total Body Swap

Very Short Summary: You can swap physical bodies, then interact with "yourself" physically.

How This Applies: I'm not entirely sure how to express what I think of this one, other than that it excites me.

If anypony has any comments, insights, questions, interpretations, etc. that they would like to share, I'd love to hear them.

I kinda think the later half of this, 4 and 5, are a little beyond what should be deemed possible. I don't really know if it is possible, but I doubt it is.

I kinda think the later half of this, 4 and 5, are a little beyond what should be deemed possible. I don't really know if it is possible, but I doubt it is.

In the article, it actually gave scientific experiments documenting each of the 5 methods, as well as a "how-to" for most of them.

In the article, it actually gave scientific experiments documenting each of the 5 methods, as well as a "how-to" for most of them.

Well, then perhaps there is substance to what they say. From looking out without any details, it feels very far fetched.

Speedyblupi2 likes this

Any possible chance you can post scans of these articles? I'd love read them~

I'll see what I can do.

sorry for the bump, but I don't fully understand what #3 is saying; do you think you could explain it a little more?

I believe it meant something sort of like this:

You have an imposed form separate from your physical one, that you impose in a different physical location. Then, using this imposed form, you interact with your physical self.