• Announcements

• Frinkeldoodle

Notice for Anyone Using Dolphin Browser   12/13/2016

I've discovered there's a particular bug that occurs when using Dolphin Browser here that autofills your username and password... into a thread's title and tag fields when you create or edit one. I advise anyone using Dolphin Browser at the moment to discontinue using it here until either Dolphin fixes their autofill so it doesn't do that, or until IP.Board releases an update that reverses what causes that to happen.
Frinkeldoodle

State of the Forums Address - January 4th, 2015

12 posts in this topic

We all make mistakes, just try not to dawn on them too much. Be glad that you're finding ways of sorting it out. To the new year!

Things could be a lot worse. Instead of striving to improve things, you could have just been content to let the status quo remain in place. That is already a good leadership quality, so don't sell yourself too short. Still, transparency is always a good thing when it comes to moderation, being a former moderator myself on various other boards. It was always the most rewarding when users could question our actions instead of getting a wall of silence or a ban: it helps everyone improve.

Glad you got around to posting this, Frinkel. Also, don't be so harsh on yourself. If it weren't for you, this forum wouldn't be here today, but because of you it is. :)

We have a few other things we want to add to the forum in the future, but the details are still being worked out. We'll keep you all updated though as we figure things out. We know ponies enjoy using the forum, just as we do, so we want it to be the best it can be. It may take some time, but I feel we're getting on the right track. This forum has grown so much since I first joined and it continues to grow thanks to all of you. This forum can't keep going without all of you, so we want to make sure you're happy here. :D

This is very great news. Thank you, Frinkel, for being the one to make this site our little slice of Equestria!

As someone who is new to this community, but also understands your perspective, I'm glad to see this. Ive not been aware of these things but thank you for informing us and thank you for helping such a great site.

Don't feel so down on yourself Frinkel, you've been doing a great job! :)

Also, Ooh, new applications, I'd be a great help! I always enjoy leading ponies in the right direction and helping them whenever I can. I am also very knowledgeable on Pony Hypnosis after being apart of this community for a couple years now. I will certainly try to apply if I can. :D

I'm with many of the ponies above me. Don't be so hard on yourself, Frinkel, you've done so much for the site.

Marzanna likes this

I'm not gonna lie, I was going to post my resignation this week...but after reading this, I think I may have jumped the gun a bit. Frinkel, I have to say, this post is very well thought out and I now truly do believe that you'll be committed to making an improvement. I said that I was leaving because I didn't want to cause issues for the forums by calling out what I felt to be the errors and mistakes of the team, which included some of the things you touched on. But since your own views about the current situation don't seem very far off from my own, and you admitted that you had made mistakes yourself (incredibly mature, serious bonus points for that), I think I'll stick around a bit longer and see if things actually change. I'll be looking for the application form as soon as it is posted. And, if you're interested in hearing them, I have a few suggestions about how we could improve things.