• Announcements

• Frinkeldoodle

Notice for Anyone Using Dolphin Browser   12/13/2016

I've discovered there's a particular bug that occurs when using Dolphin Browser here that autofills your username and password... into a thread's title and tag fields when you create or edit one. I advise anyone using Dolphin Browser at the moment to discontinue using it here until either Dolphin fixes their autofill so it doesn't do that, or until IP.Board releases an update that reverses what causes that to happen.
Frinkeldoodle

An Important Announcement Regarding the Site Theme

24 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone! There's been something I've been thinking about for a while now, honestly, but I've been reluctant to do it. But... I keep seeing news articles online talking about different companies releasing Cease and Desists like candy to all sorts of games and personal projects... I feel this is what must be done. I've talked it over with the staff, and they're all on-board.

As of today, the site will no longer be pony-themed. Instead, we will be expanding to a more general cartoon theme. I feel that this new arrangement will be beneficial for the site as a whole. That being said, we are also changing our name from Hypnoponies to Hypnotoons, and will soon be rolling out new hypnosis files. Leave your suggestions in replies for which cartoon characters you'd like to see hypnosis files for!

I understand that this might bring grief to many ponies out there, but, in the end, we've decided it's either this or we eventually receive a C&D and would have no choice but to close the forums entirely. Plus, I'm sure everyone is going to love the new changes, even if it takes time.

Enjoy the update, hypnotoons!

Yuss!

I can finally be my true self!

:D

Edited by Topaz

....Screw human copyright keeping us from escaping from reality!

Just kidding. Happy April Fools day!

Tongue.png

This is actually something serious we've been talking about for awhile. I know some might be in denial due to the massive switch, but after everybody will get used to it after awhile. It took me some time, but I'm really liking it!

Anywho, I've made a few more updates to the forum to match our new theme~!

B-but, horses D:

GG on the joke though.

Edited by Aria Blaze

I would like Detective Gadget,Batman,Samuari Jakc,Mickey moose,Cyclops best pone,Transformers C&D action figures.

How about Johnny Bravo?

...Oh wait, someone has already done that in the chat room earlier XD

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

that's it! I can't stay here anymore!!!

*puts on hat and walks out*

Happy April fools

Make banners and files for each and every Pokemon (but do Swoobat first 8D).

Edited by WillieNelson

Make banners and files for each and every Pokemon (but do Swoobat first 8D).

favourtism much. :P

This is actually something serious we've been talking about for awhile. I know some might be in denial due to the massive switch, but after everybody will get used to it after awhile. It took me some time, but I'm really liking it!

Anywho, I've made a few more updates to the forum to match our new theme~!

Seconded. It takes time to set up threads on a forum, not to mention the fancy graphics depicting who I presume to be Tommy, Rocko, Angelica, and Zim respectively. Banners for other toons are also in place for use in the future at this very moment (including but not limited to Phil, Lil, Spider Man, and Zim), which also take time to complete using a specialized graphic design program. The effort put into this is evidence enough for its authenticity.

The changes being made are serious and are real, albeit untimely.  I have given my rhetoric on the reasoning behind it on my most recent journal entry (which I will most conveniently provide below**).

Tomorrow, I will be taking it upon myself to invite new members to Hypnotoons from other fan forums on the web. Talks are in place to invite My Littlest Pet Shop fans and Skullgirls fans right off the bat. Afterwards, Invader Zim fans, Rugrats fans, Loony Toons fans, and possibly even Backyardigans fans (I say "possibly" because this has been disputed by a minority of Hypnotoons moderators) will be invited, so stay tuned.

I understand that this is all spontaneous and hard to believe. I understand that this is all short notice. However, I can guarantee you that I this is real and is not a joke. I am sure that tomorrow things will get heated when everypony who thought this was a trick will find out that it was serious after all; but, a week or so later, I am also sure that all of you ponies will be totally, 100% comfortable with sharing this website with fans from other fanbases as well.

**my explanation here: http://hypnoponies.net/index.php?/topic/5642-delightful-new-changes/#entry44842

I was not fooled for two reasons:

1. The date (duh.)

2. If this were the case, it would also be beneficial to change the URL as well, not just the name.

However, my first reaction prior to rational thought was "well, there goes my primary source for strictly pony-related hypnosis..."

(This all happened within a matter of two to three seconds of course.)

I was not fooled for two reasons:

1. The date (duh.)

2. If this were the case, it would also be beneficial to change the URL as well, not just the name.

However, my first reaction prior to rational thought was "well, there goes my primary source for strictly pony-related hypnosis..."

(This all happened within a matter of two to three seconds of course.)

The date was an unfortunate coincidence. Further, we needed to keep the same URL so that those who visit the site regularly would recognize that this site - which was formerly hypnoponies - would be becoming hypnotoons. They wouldn't find this site otherwise if the URL were changed.

The date was an unfortunate coincidence. Further, we needed to keep the same URL so that those who visit the site regularly would recognize that this site - which was formerly hypnoponies - would be becoming hypnotoons. They wouldn't find this site otherwise if the URL were changed.

Well, that is what URL forwarding is for, not just "oh, by the way, we are changing the name" if it were really going to be hypnotoons, the hypnoponies URL would've redirected it until it became "common knowledge" that the URL changed.