• Announcements

• Frinkeldoodle

Notice for Anyone Using Dolphin Browser   12/13/2016

I've discovered there's a particular bug that occurs when using Dolphin Browser here that autofills your username and password... into a thread's title and tag fields when you create or edit one. I advise anyone using Dolphin Browser at the moment to discontinue using it here until either Dolphin fixes their autofill so it doesn't do that, or until IP.Board releases an update that reverses what causes that to happen.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Waffles

Nothing.

10 posts in this topic

Actually tulpas are really interesting things. Did you know you can induce a trance through a tulpa and prefrom hypnosis on it if it's doing possession? I tried with a bit of success, but it was more of guided meditation anyway. I could try again sometime though. Tulpas are actually nice backdoors into a wonderland as I've learned though.

Actually tulpas are really interesting things. Did you know you can induce a trance through a tulpa and prefrom hypnosis on it if it's doing possession? I tried with a bit of success, but it was more of guided meditation anyway. I could try again sometime though. Tulpas are actually nice backdoors into a wonderland as I've learned though.

[i'd call it guided meditation. I know what Ari feels like when she trances, and I didn't feel like that. But it did help me get deeper than I ever have been, so thanks for that.]

[i'd call it guided meditation. I know what Ari feels like when she trances, and I didn't feel like that. But it did help me get deeper than I ever have been, so thanks for that.]

I did mention that it was unsuccessful Arenia :P. I still believe I just didn't do it properly. It should take a bit more effort, but backdoor hypnosis should be possible.

I did mention that it was unsuccessful Arenia :P. I still believe I just didn't do it properly. It should take a bit more effort, but backdoor hypnosis should be possible.

[1) Who are you calling arenia, and 2) I guess it may be possible.]

I dont really think using a hypnosis file to help create a tulpa is a good idea. Yes, it removes a majority of the effort required to make the tulpa, but the majority of the time, it also takes away the majority of the... attachment to the tulpa, all the times In the past where I've helped people create tulpae, the tulpa has either faded soon afterwards (within a month or two) or has disappeared entirely, you need that strong feeling of attachment that comes with the effort of making the tulpa from scratch in order to have a lasting tulpa, its kinda like a motherly thing, because of the 9 month gestation period, even people who didnt want a baby oftentimes end up wanting to keep the baby because they grew attached to it. That's just my opinion though, I guess.

I dont really think using a hypnosis file to help create a tulpa is a good idea. Yes, it removes a majority of the effort required to make the tulpa, but the majority of the time, it also takes away the majority of the... attachment to the tulpa, all the times In the past where I've helped people create tulpae, the tulpa has either faded soon afterwards (within a month or two) or has disappeared entirely, you need that strong feeling of attachment that comes with the effort of making the tulpa from scratch in order to have a lasting tulpa, its kinda like a motherly thing, because of the 9 month gestation period, even people who didnt want a baby oftentimes end up wanting to keep the baby because they grew attached to it. That's just my opinion though, I guess.

This more or less sums up my ideas on the issue.

I have little experience in hypnotism, and a few months experience practicing tulpamancy (whuch I felt took precedent over hypnosis, hence my lack of recent posting), but I feel as though the effort put into your first tulpa really helps pen you up to the idea behind tulpamancy in general, and helps with hammerimg in the reality of putting another entity into your life.

It's also a well known fact that the first tulpa takes the longest to create. I have little evidence but I theorize that you basically have to wrestle a certain skeptical part of your reasoning process to get your head to acknowledge and accept this separate individual as such.

I would suggest at least waiting until you've worked on (instilled autonomy im) your first tulpa, and then perhaps use hypnosis to help speed up any later tulpa development, if you choose to make a second tulpa.

But again im no expert, so you know, grain of salt.

The idea is not without merit, though, and strikes me as possible.

Edited by ApeacefulAnon

I think it helps adding more quality to a session. As the suggestible state would greatly aid in accepting the notion of a separate being being present where the sceptical mind would tell is none. Which is important as scepticism is one of the largest source of failure in projects like these.

I don't think the attachment issue is much of a problem.

If you get tired of tulpamancing. It is far more likely the result of a lack of progress and determination. Having session after session with very little progress only drains away the fun of it. You will start making excuses for skipping sessions and your mind will start to remember to forget.

While if you have more successfully sessions. It stays a fun activity that rewards itself with results. 

The use of a file may also offer guidance to those new and unsure of doing it right. (Which in itself may also inhibit the tulpa.) And lower the tress hold in starting a session.

To me it doesn't inhibit the tulpa created, but the host does still need to be dedicated. The same attachment that keeps them existing has to be built, so it's just built in a different way. From creation or from proof. Whichever you prefer honestly.