• Announcements

• Frinkeldoodle

Notice for Anyone Using Dolphin Browser   12/13/2016

I've discovered there's a particular bug that occurs when using Dolphin Browser here that autofills your username and password... into a thread's title and tag fields when you create or edit one. I advise anyone using Dolphin Browser at the moment to discontinue using it here until either Dolphin fixes their autofill so it doesn't do that, or until IP.Board releases an update that reverses what causes that to happen.
    • Vairaki

Discord Account Verifications   06/27/2017

A reminder for those who use the discord channels that have not yet verified their member status, You have until Saturday the 1st of July to do so to avoid any interrupted service. 
Bright Star

Forum fixup thread

29 posts in this topic

Hey everypony!

As with any update, especially major updates, some forum features may break along the way. If there are any features or settings you could (or couldn't) access before, let us know here and we will try to fix it as soon as we can to the best of our ability. Keep in mind this is all going to be new for us as well, so sometimes might either take time to re-implement or some features we may have to drop or change completely due to incompatibilities. But nonetheless, we hope to get the forums back to running in tip top shape~

Lyres and Discordia like this

I have a couple of things. Firstly, the image on the right of the front page (is that what it's called) doesn't load for some reason and secondly, I don't believe there is a way to change the time zone.

8 minutes ago, Ezcoe said:

I have a couple of things. Firstly, the image on the right of the front page (is that what it's called) doesn't load for some reason and secondly, I don't believe there is a way to change the time zone.

looks like the image link broke. I believe it was Frinkel that set that, so we'll have to have him fix it when he's available next.

And taking a glance at all the settings, there isn't any settings whatsoever for time zone, so my best guess is that it's going to go based off your computer's timezone settings.

Thanks. I wasn't sure because some of the times looked a little off and I couldn't find any setting. I was probably just tired when I thought that.

Hmm, i actually set that image. Though it was uploaded directly to the site. So it cant be a broken link.

I cant do anything about it at work as i cant open the editor on mobile. Nor have access to the source image. Unless someone else fixes it. I am affraid it will have to wait till after work. 

I think the IRC at the bottom of the main page is a bit out of place, considering there's a separate web page for it.

52 minutes ago, D1sc0rdBloke-Luna- said:

I think the IRC at the bottom of the main page is a bit out of place, considering there's a separate web page for it.

Alright, removed that. Also added a popout link in the IRC page for those that prefer to use it that way. Will add the rules and server details soon. Fixed that too

It was gone for a couple of hours before I readded it. Though this time not by uploading it to the site but to dropbox.

It is possible that the fault lies with Dropbox. Though i am keeping an eye on the pictures added in this manner of deviant behaviour.

I can't seem to find the friends setting anymore <3

It's ok if that was removed and I understand if it's too much trouble to re add <3

I was just looking for it and I can't seem to find it <3

Aside from that, I think the new forum looks really amazing :)

Everypony really did a great job on it ^_^:)

On 11/23/2015, 10:26:32, FlutterHi said:

I can't seem to find the friends setting anymore <3

It's ok if that was removed and I understand if it's too much trouble to re add <3

I was just looking for it and I can't seem to find it <3

Aside from that, I think the new forum looks really amazing :)

Everypony really did a great job on it ^_^:)

From what I understand, the friends feature was replaced with followers. It was recommended that friends were not to be transferred to followers as that would start spamming notifications automatically for those that do not want them.

Hi guys,

• The new Nerva themes (default and changeling) cause tabs to appear all white so you can't see them. This affects at least the profile (can't see the About Me tab) and Account Settings (can't see Email Address, Password, Display Name tabs). Thought these features had disappeared for a second! Heh.
  • Viewing status updates now requires you to view the full profile now huh.. Always felt like I was snooping seeing my name in all the recent visitors lists so I tended not to view profiles.. Not really a bug I guess, just a little nitpick..
  • Speaking of status updates, I miss being able to easily pull up a list of all the recent ones. I've found that the "Unread Content" link can be used as it leads to a search page that can be updated with different criteria (not just unread) .. but this will only show "posted a status update" and not the content of it.
    • Update: Oh, that's condensed view doing that.. well that's unfortunate..
  • Thoughts on optimal file size and dimensions for cover photo?
  • Some of the Notification Settings are locked down and can't be changed but would be nice to be able to, such as:
    • Someone posts on my profile -- this is locked to email only
    • Someone 'likes' something I posted -- this is locked to notification only
  • Is there no way to disable emoticons when posting? I preferred not to use them as they tend to mess up large paragraphs

All in all, looks quite nice. Will take some getting used to, though, but I'm sure things will be fine.

Edited by Topaz

5 hours ago, Topaz said:

Hi guys,

• The new Nerva themes (default and changeling) cause tabs to appear all white so you can't see them. This affects at least the profile (can't see the About Me tab) and Account Settings (can't see Email Address, Password, Display Name tabs). Thought these features had disappeared for a second! Heh.

WHOOOOOOO! I fixed it! ( I hope)

Turns out that the theme was trying to change the background color of the inactive tabs to a setting that doesn't exist, so I edited that so it points to an existing setting, instead.

As for the rest, that's IPBoards way of doing things now it seems, so those won't be easy to change/fix, if at all. Maybe a setting will pop up in the future to change these, but I think we're stuck with most of those for now.

7 hours ago, Topaz said:
  • Speaking of status updates, I miss being able to easily pull up a list of all the recent ones. I've found that the "Unread Content" link can be used as it leads to a search page that can be updated with different criteria (not just unread) .. but this will only show "posted a status update" and not the content of it.

Probably the closest thing to this is by creating a custom activity thread.

Click Activity -> My Activity Streams -> Create New Stream, and then make sure that only "Status Updates" and "Content items, likes, and reviews are checked."

I'm stuck getting emails instead of notifications on here when someone replies on a post I'm following, and it will not allow me to change that setting.

Not entirely sure if this is where to say,

but I don't seem to be able to post messages outside of the "Off topic forum" and here... assuming it posts

3 hours ago, HoneyStrudel said:

Not entirely sure if this is where to say,

but I don't seem to be able to post messages outside of the "Off topic forum" and here... assuming it posts

Do you know what the error is when that happens? If possible could you send a screenshot of it?

Just now, Bright Star said:

Do you know what the error is when that happens? If possible could you send a screenshot of it?

If its the error I think it is it just does nothing when you try to post. For me it mostly happens when I try to post an image on Microsoft Edge but the last time I tired that was before the upgrade so I don't know if that would still happen or if its the same error.

On 12/4/2015, 2:49:02, Discordia said:

I'm stuck getting emails instead of notifications on here when someone replies on a post I'm following, and it will not allow me to change that setting.

Just fixed it so you are allowed to choose your notification setting for replies to topics you're following.

Discordia likes this

1 hour ago, Bright Star said:

403, i'm not allowed to access index.php on this server

is the error a white screen saying that would not really be all that helpful I believe.

I get the same error (and I also can't actually access the website on my computer due to a timeout error).

However, as you can see, there's no problem on my tablet. Huh.

Edited by Twilight[Tay]{Toothless}

It will take some time, but the 403 errors are being investigated. In the meantime, please follow the instructions on the 403 page and include what exactly happened to make the page appear, including any messages you were trying to send.

I also tweaked a few settings behind the scenes what will hopefully help bring some of the old functionalities back. This includes being able to view all status updates without having to make a custom activity search.

Site PM's don't seem to be going through for us. Not sure if it's just problems one way or both. But since there's not an outbox we cant actually tell. 

-Edit

Actually this turns out to be only with specific people. 

Edited by Vairaki

17 hours ago, Vairaki said:

Site PM's don't seem to be going through for us. Not sure if it's just problems one way or both. But since there's not an outbox we cant actually tell. 

-Edit

Actually this turns out to be only with specific people. 

Is there an error message? 403 or the like?

10 hours ago, Bright Star said:

Is there an error message? 403 or the like?

Nope, Nothing. It just didn't go through and had no indication that it wasn't going through. As far as I remember it even said message was sent. But there was nothing in the inbox. It was to Star Shard though. Since I know apparently there were some problems with some mods getting messages, don't know if that helps narrow it down.