• Announcements

• Frinkeldoodle

Notice for Anyone Using Dolphin Browser   12/13/2016

I've discovered there's a particular bug that occurs when using Dolphin Browser here that autofills your username and password... into a thread's title and tag fields when you create or edit one. I advise anyone using Dolphin Browser at the moment to discontinue using it here until either Dolphin fixes their autofill so it doesn't do that, or until IP.Board releases an update that reverses what causes that to happen.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Derpy Hooves

ekp
How to avoid EKP

4 posts in this topic

Basically all you have to do is not merge two personalities

so long as you keep each file seperate enough from eachother which is quite easy if i do say so myself in your mind, you will literally have NOTHING to worry about.

You make it sound a lot easier than it actually is.

Characters always tend to bleed though. So not being triggered as Applejack does not mean you wont take on traits from Rainbows Dash when listening to her files.. Triggers can be formed accidentally. So if you run into a Rarity trigger, while being Fluttershy. You risk a EKP episode.

And offcource another drawback is that each time you listen to a file to become one pony. You are also listening to a file telling you that you are not the other ponies. So splitting your efforts between two ponies, also means diminishing the progress with them.

Either way, its something only for the experts.

Square Deal and Frinkeldoodle like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By The Sweetest Belle
      "They told me I was daft to build a castle in a swamp, but I built it all the same. Just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So! I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third one! That one burnt down, fell over, and THEN sank into the swamp..."

No update on progress for this one.

Oh, my poor, poor Chasm Falls...what seemed to be flourishing is now dead as a doorstop. The river has stopped flowing, trees are uprooted at the bottom, the grass has turned a sickly brown color...with each new failure, another reminder of my failures and naivete.

Heh...It's so easy to assume those with mental distress are exaggerating until you're right there in their shoes, losing your grasp and will to fight it little by little...I truly am blessed to have friends willing to help me. I won't go into details (I want to put this as far behind me as possible as quickly as I can), but it resulted in a bout of EKP. My first one in ages, and much more intense than the last...

I'll be taking a break from hypnosis and the site in general. As much as I wish I could just shrug and move on, I need to solve this one. I can't afford to let this happen again...not anymore.

{Don't worry about him too much. He only needs time to heal and understand the problem. I'll keep him safe while he recovers.}

Hoping this one stays up,
      Cedar Leaf and Elise.

• By WispyDaydream[Shade]
      So, I'm still doing that campaign, but I'm going to hold on it for a bit before I actually go into it.  This includes a full knowledge of EKP and possible ways to combat it. What about my EKP research? I did some self hypno and guess what? I gave myself EKP because I rushed the suggestions! Can't blame me for hurting myself intentionally now . Anyway, I took it as an oppertunity to examine EKP's essence and how one might be able to resolve it. 

Findings as of now: EKP is caused by the suggestion, you. If you made each file create a fully functional tulpa... Hmm... Tulpa possession appears to be similar to triggering, but not you, so you don't internally error. If this is true, then if one wishes to explore all the files without EKP he/she can use a modifier file which can be created that makes each file make a tulpa rather than change you. Curious huh? It's kinda hard to study emotions on yourself though, so I'd like some input from all of you. What do you feel like in EKP? Please use a recent experience. Memories of feelings from a while ago are proven to be hardly ever accurate.

• By Dawnpath1
      Hey guys. I think how I'll run these journals from now on will go something along the lines of a progress update and a poem off the cuff. Just seems right right now. So, today I can honestly report zero progress. Still trying to figure out if today's an Octi day or a Scratch day. Had an interesting personal thought on EKP. It was a thought about how I've always felt as if I were not 1, but two. Sometimes the best of both, sometimes the worst. Mostly the mid range. A lot of my life, and my unhappiness, has been my journey to try to understand myself. I mean, at one point I was a self-righteous arrogant prick with a sort of entitlement complex around playing the cello. As my grades slipped and my performances wavered, I snapped out of it. I made a conscious decision: that's not who I am anymore starting now. And so far, I feel it's worked out. I have my moments, but they make me feel terribly guilty. Ugg, rambling. The point- that was linked up to numerous good traits about me, like people skills and my drive. These things I had hoped to sorta regain through Octi. Where am I getting them from? Scratch. However, things that are me now are strengthened through Octi.

What does this have to do with EKP. Well... it kinda makes me afraid that the entirety of my life has been in EKP. It sounds stupid in my head. Probably sounds more than a little silly to you all. Ohh, Libra/Virgo. My life is a balancing act that takes incredible amounts of focus, energy, and skill to maintain. But what am I balancing, other than time? This line of thought takes me down a long road traversing multiple Yellow Wood scenarios. Main theme? What if I can't notice EKP because I don't know better. In all fairness, it's probably not true.

A Night in a Day

The moon lays heavy
      Across my heart, slowly
      Rising to match the art
      That plays across my half-awake thought

A dream in daylight
      Yet untamed by
      Nightly resting well,

And as the Sun
      Paints skies for fun,
      So to must my will
      Shift and bend.