• Announcements

• Frinkeldoodle

Notice for Anyone Using Dolphin Browser   12/13/2016

I've discovered there's a particular bug that occurs when using Dolphin Browser here that autofills your username and password... into a thread's title and tag fields when you create or edit one. I advise anyone using Dolphin Browser at the moment to discontinue using it here until either Dolphin fixes their autofill so it doesn't do that, or until IP.Board releases an update that reverses what causes that to happen.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roaring Winds

Questions about Tulpas

3 posts in this topic

Alright Ive been deciding between starting to create a Tulpa or not but I think I am coming to the determination that I will, but before I fully commit I would like if some of you answered some questions about concerns or just general questions I have.

How dangerous or harmful is it to try and create a tulpa?

How long should one spend each day on trying to develop a tulpa?

How long does it take to get a sentient tulpa?

Is it better or important to let the tulpa decide on its form and everything or can you have a template and ideas in mind when creating it?

I have heard of something called the Wonderland, How expansive is a Wonderland and are they difficult to create?

How much time once your tulpa is sentient should one spend with it each day?

Ive heard about Tulpas being able to take control of their hosts body, is that a taught or a skill that just happens?

Is it possible to develop more than one?

Lastly once developed does a tulpa stay with you your whole life?

Sorry about the sheer amount of questions but I just wanted to inform myself before I fully commit. Thanks for any and all help.

I already answered this on MLPForums, but I will also place this here:

Alright Ive been deciding between starting to create a Tulpa or not but I think I am coming to the determination that I will, but before I fully commit I would like if some of you answered some questions about concerns or just general questions I have.

Ooooo~ Questions! I'm not the perfect expert as mine were all accidental, but I'll try the best I can based on my and others experiences.

How dangerous or harmful is it to try and create a tulpa?
It isn't dangerous as long as you understand that this is a lifetime commitment. It is a change in lifestyle and a change in how you perceive life. Trust me on this, you will be rethinking on just how you determine a sentient being.

How long should one spend each day on trying to develop a tulpa?
Spend as much time as you need to. The general recommendation is from 1/2 an hour to around 2-3 hours. If real life gets in the way, take care of that first. Most tulpa are very patient in regards to having you spend time with them. If anything, if not focus on enough, they may just become dormant until you are able to focus on them once again.

How long does it take to get a sentient tulpa?
This ranges from maybe a month to near instantly depending on several factors. My personal belief is one you recognize something as its own thought, it automatically becomes its own being and depending on how strongly you believe that it will stay that way. 

Is it better or important to let the tulpa decide on its form and everything or can you have a template and ideas in mind when creating it?
What helps most is to have a tulpa start off from some sort of base and then work your way from there. I think a reason there are so many pony tulpa is because each of the mane 6 are different archetypes that offer a good starting point for a tulpa to build off from and then continue on until they find a form they desire. Personal belief: a tulpa secretly already has their own personality developed, they just change their form to their liking in such a way that you can recognize it and then slowly try to match what they perceive as their own "true form". 

I have heard of something called the Wonderland, How expansive is a Wonderland and are they difficult to create?
A wonderland is a mindscape that you can create to help the development of a tulpa (or several other things such as meditation and imagining yourself as a pony in this realm during hypnosis). It's not difficult to create, per se; all you really need to do is think about a setting and your mind just automatically creates it. Being able to visualize it vividly with your mind's eye and ever traversing your own wonderland is a different story, altogether. A wonderland isn't required for tulpa development, but is helpful. 

How much time once your tulpa is sentient should one spend with it each day?
As much time as you and your tulpa want to. There is no set amount you need to spend, they will be with you for as long as you want them to (possibly for life). I will recommend if real life gets in the way, take care of that first. Tulpa usually are very understanding and can wait patiently for something out of their control.

Ive heard about Tulpas being able to take control of their hosts body, is that a taught or a skill that just happens?
Yes and no. There are several factors in which a tulpa is able to take control of the host's body and that mostly depends on how attached to the body the host is. In most cases, a tulpa has no control over any body part of the host. If the host is willing to let go of their body, then a tulpa can essentially take it over in one of two ways known as either possession or switching.

Possession is when a tulpa is able to take control of one or more bodyparts, most commonly the hands and arms as well as feelings and emotions. The host is still in control of all other body parts and can take back control very easily when needed. 

Switching occurs when the host and the tulpa basically switch places where the tulpa takes full control of the body. During a conscious switch (the host and tulpa are fully willing) the host themself may become a "tulpa" (though this is not true in all cases). There's several ways this can be achieved and not every single way works for everyone. 

Is it possible to develop more than one?
Yes. One host can have as many as their mind can handle, though personally I've not known anyone with more than 15, though I highly recommend that you have up to three or four. If you're just starting out, stick with one until you're comfortable handling more. 

Lastly once developed does a tulpa stay with you your whole life?
Yes, as long as the host allows it to. I believe once recognized, a tulpa will stick with the host for life. If for some reason real life needs more attention, the tulpa may put itself in a "dormant" state until the host is able to spend time with that tulpa again. It is possible to "kill" a tulpa, though it is considered morally wrong by most of the tulpa community. 

Think long and hard about making a tulpa. This will be a life changing experience for all of you.

Trelliw likes this