• Announcements

• Frinkeldoodle

Notice for Anyone Using Dolphin Browser   12/13/2016

I've discovered there's a particular bug that occurs when using Dolphin Browser here that autofills your username and password... into a thread's title and tag fields when you create or edit one. I advise anyone using Dolphin Browser at the moment to discontinue using it here until either Dolphin fixes their autofill so it doesn't do that, or until IP.Board releases an update that reverses what causes that to happen.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Waffles

A Sub Forum Suggestion For Hobbies

11 posts in this topic

Hai! I've noticed that some ponies on here do some computer programming or coding. So I thought I should suggest that we have a Coding/Programming thing in Hobbies. I'd use it! :P

My apologies if this wasn't the place to post this..

That's all!

-Waffles

Edited by Waffles

We do have a thread for suggestions, but it's kind of dead at the moment. I need to look into bringing it back. >.>

Anywho, we just had a quick talk about this idea. While I love this idea (being that I enjoy programing games myself :P), we don't think it's needed. When we made this section, we wanted to create sub-forums that hit the main hobbies. It'd be nice to have, but we feel we don't need a section for every single hobby. That's part of the reason we allowed posts to be made in the main hobby section, for hobbies that don't have a section. Also, if we created a sub-forum for this idea, then ponies would want more for others.

Regardless, we're always open to ideas. So thank you for throwing it out there. If you have anymore for the future, you can use this thread: http://hypnoponies.net/index.php?/topic/4660-suggestions-for-the-forum/

Waffles likes this

Well, as much as I'd like a section myself, there isn't too much activity forums-wise that would require a programming subforum. However, since I see programming as a style of writing, an alternative place to find programming relatied threads can be found in the Books and Writing section.

Waffles likes this

Well, as much as I'd like a section myself, there isn't too much activity forums-wise that would require a programming subforum. However, since I see programming as a style of writing, an alternative place to find programming relatied threads can be found in the Books and Writing section.

Alright, thank you for letting me know! I'll be sure to post something there once I get my computer back.

And also thanks Soarin! :3

Alright, small update, we've went ahead and renamed the "Video Games" section to "Games & Technology". So if you have any programming or techy related topics you want to talk about, there's the perfect place to do so~ (And I will do a scrub through and move the appropriate topics tonight when I get the chance to).

Could there be one for Crafts and Creations for things like baking and knitting (always good to find Derpys muffins or the latest pony pattern XD)

I think that is what the Arts and Design section is for. We Sadly dont have that many active artists here so we dont need to branch off even further.

1 minute ago, Star Shard said:

I think that is what the Arts and Design section is for. We Sadly dont have that many active artists here so we dont need to branch off even further.

I understand, I do find it hard to be able to post my art here as I'm limited by space and cant seem to use the URL insert properly

Just now, Star Shard said:

That is odd. What are you trying to insert?

URL from my DeviantArt images or from my Tumblr Blogs, does it have to be a specific URL to an image?

UPDATE: Think I may have it working now, rather than copying the URL in I used the (Import other media) Tag in the edit block.

You need to use the image link, not just the page link, if that's what you were doing.

e.g.

Image Link:

image-450x318.jpg

Not an image link:

http://culturevisuelle.org/introtovc/archives/632

One is the actual image file, the other is the location of the image file. Almost, but not quite.

Also, you don't need tags, as it automatically embeds image addresses ^_^

~Vaporeon