• Announcements

• Frinkeldoodle

Notice for Anyone Using Dolphin Browser   12/13/2016

I've discovered there's a particular bug that occurs when using Dolphin Browser here that autofills your username and password... into a thread's title and tag fields when you create or edit one. I advise anyone using Dolphin Browser at the moment to discontinue using it here until either Dolphin fixes their autofill so it doesn't do that, or until IP.Board releases an update that reverses what causes that to happen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

destinationkiwi

Hello everyone

9 posts in this topic

I'm pretty new here, although such concepts aren't completely foreign here. I haven't had time to really dive into the forum, but I am confused. It seems as if this is akin to the otherkin community though, could someone please explain this for me. Or do you people just want to embody the values of specific ponies?

It really depends on the person/pony. Some just want to embody the values of the pony, but a large majority, from what I've seen, want both that and a 'physical' (It's only in your head, but it still has an effect on you like it's real, if it works well enough) transformation. I'm not an authority on the subject, though, so I would recommend asking someone else.

Hello there! I will say that a good chunk of us, including myself, would fall into the realms of the otherkin. (IIRC, you would actually be the first to mention 'otherkin'). Otherwise, this is a forum about pony hypnosis. Also welcome and I wish you luck on your journey~

-Bright Star

Baltoist likes this

Ah! Greetings and welcome to the forums! As they say, it really depends on the person/pony who comes by here.

I have though pursued on both sides, other kin and hypnosis as well.

Intent often changes over time, so it is not so surprising.

Welcome to the forums and I do hope you enjoy your stay!

Why hello there!

And while I'm not familiar with otherkin I'll do my best to explain things from my perspective.  I have only been here for a short while and I certainly don't speak for everyone here but personally I hope to experience being a pony in a way I have so far found extremely enjoyable.  I also hope to learn and grow from Twilight Sparkle as I grow more intimate with her character, bettering myself in the long run as I've always sheared her academic aspiration yet frequently find myself falling short in implementing them. 

I also want to be clear that I hold no illusions that all this is strictly speaking factitious but I find that as far as the mind is concerned that line is not so solid as it is in reality.  A philosophical quandary I enjoy thinking on and excessing here. 

Hello and welcome.

The best way to descibe it is a mix of Otherkin, solipism and regression of alternative life. Mixed with soul searching and entertainment.

There is no real answer what we do here though. Thats up to you to decide.