• Announcements

• Frinkeldoodle

Notice for Anyone Using Dolphin Browser   12/13/2016

I've discovered there's a particular bug that occurs when using Dolphin Browser here that autofills your username and password... into a thread's title and tag fields when you create or edit one. I advise anyone using Dolphin Browser at the moment to discontinue using it here until either Dolphin fixes their autofill so it doesn't do that, or until IP.Board releases an update that reverses what causes that to happen.
    • Vairaki

Discord Account Verifications   06/27/2017

A reminder for those who use the discord channels that have not yet verified their member status, You have until Saturday the 1st of July to do so to avoid any interrupted service. 
Frinkeldoodle

Dedicated Server?

16 posts in this topic

Hey pones! So, I've got a question pressing against my mind, and I figured someone'd be able to answer it.

So I snagged a good price on a dedicated server. Only problem is I don't have a clue what I should run on it. I was figuring I could run a video game server on it (hence me posting it here), although there are so many games out there and I'm not sure what everyone would want. Minecraft and OpenSim came to mind, however I may be eons away from what everyone else wants.

So, that in mind... what kind of game server should I run on this dedicated server?

Baltoist and . like this

OpenSim? What's that?

*Looks up OpenSim*

Oh. That seems like it might actually be a decent game to host. Minecraft is also a good idea, although OpenSim seems like a better idea, as it's free (Atleast, I'm pretty sure it is).

OpenSim Sounds interesting, 

depending how powerful the server is you could run multiple game server applications on the same server though that depends on alot of variables.

I suggest Minecraft. I kind of already got OpenSim covered Frinkle, just needs a bit more tweaking to be more easier to access and more welcome.

Discordia likes this

Sounds like I should try getting Minecraft on it then! Gonna be a bit of an adventure for me, seeing as though I haven't really played Minecraft much since its alpha/beta days :P And I didn't know your OpenSim server was still up, Luna, perhaps it'd be cool to get that a bit more open and accessible!

Discordia likes this

Oooh, Minecraft. And I've been (im)patiently waiting for Opensim, Luna! XD

Minecraft would be great.

Haven't played multiplayer much because whenever I did it was always FFA madness with a few overpowered groups killing everyone.

But I guess if we all played we could have good fun and not kill each other,cooperate and build :3 

Also can't wait for Opensim ~

Strudel likes this

pvp is too much fun. it would be a shame if u guys made a server and disabled it

Waffles likes this

The server's set up! (Keep in mind it's not exactly official, so the ops on there weren't exactly made through a formal staff decision.)

Access it via frinkeldoodle.website:25565. It's a heavy WIP, so forgive any bugs.